JOIN US! IPSO ALLIANCE SPRING 2016 MEMBER MEETING
The 2016 IPSO Alliance Spring Member Meeting will take place May 25 – 26, 2016 in Toronto, Canada. This informative working session will include updates from the Technical Advisory Board, including the Semantic, Protocol and Security & Identity Working Groups; as well as discussions about and planning for IPSO’s future. Please join us to contribute your expertise and share your perspectives about the work IPSO is doing. Register here.
IPSO BoD ANNUAL ELECTIONS TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON
The IPSO Alliance will be seating its new Board of Directors in time for the May member meeting in Toronto. We would like to remind you that you must be a Promoter member in good standing to make a nomination and to vote in the election. If you are a Promoter member and would like to discuss your status, or, if you are a Contributor member and are interested in becoming a Promoter so that you may participate, please contact . We look forward to receiving your nominations and your votes!
REMINDER: PLEASE JOIN THE IPSO WORKING GROUPS!
The IPSO Alliance has three working groups either active or in the process of being chartered; we hope that members will support our work efforts! Details are available on the Wiki.
- The Semantic Working Group is up and running, and meets every other Wednesday 8:00 am US Pacific/17:00 CET. Its Charter can be found here.
- The Protocol Working Group is being chartered and is still looking for a chair from our Promoter membership. The Group meets every Thursday 7:00 am US Pacific/16:00 CET.
- The Security & Identity Working Group is underway and making progress on its charter – so there is still time to help define this group’s efforts! Meetings are every other Monday 9:00 am US Pacific/18:00 CET.
IPSO ALLIANCE SESSIONS AT IoT SLAM 2016
Be sure to catch the following presentations from IPSO Alliance members at IoT Slam – a discount registration offer is below. Presentations from IPSO members include:
- Geoff Mulligan, “The IoT and Make: A View from the White House” | Destiny Room | 10:10-10:40am US ET | April 28, 2016
- Christian Légaré, “IoT Protocols for the Things” | Radiance Room | 14:45-15:15pm US ET | April 28, 2016
- Jim Hunter, “The “People-fication” of Things” | Eclipse Room | Bonus Selected Session | April 28, 2016
VISIT THE IPSO ALLIANCE PAVILION AT IoT WORLD
Mark your calendars to visit the IPSO Pavilion at IoT World! Join us in booth #703 at this year’s IoT World show. Member companies Linear Technologies (Dust Networks), Luleå University of Technology/ThingWave, Micrium, and Sigma Designs will be exhibiting with us, so please stop by!
OPEN CALLS FOR PAPERS
- Low-Power 2016 offers a forum to discuss new developments in technology, market conditions and end-user requirements that are driving innovation, capabilities and features, application trends and performance improvements. [Closes April 5]
- Industry 4.0 Munich and Market & Technology Security Symposium will investigate what is needed to move forward Industry 4.0. Topics to be covered include: What new business ideas show the way to digitization and networking as a basis of Industry 4.0? How much digitization and networking is needed? How can I turn all this into reality? Who can I cooperate with or should I turn to? And how do I ensure data security in Industrial Internet? [Closes April 8]
- IoT Solutions‘ 3-Day conference program will offer over 85 sessions covered by (6) tracks – Manufacturing, Transportation & Logistics, Healthcare, Energy & Utilities, Innovation & Technologies, and Business Transformation. [Closes April 30]
EVENTS AND MEMBER DISCOUNTS
The IPSO Alliance is a partner to the following events. Members, please contact Marketing if you would like to receive any of the discount codes.
5G Forum LTE | April 12-13, 2016 [Palo Alto, Calif.]
- IPSO members receive a 20% discount
- Contact us for free or 50% off discount links
- IPSO members save 20%
- IPSO has one free pass, please contact us if interested.
- IPSO members also receive a 200GBP discount
- Mark your calendars! The IPSO Alliance will be speaking at this event. Details to follow.
- Highlights include the latest developments in low-power functionality and systems in portable & mobile electronics, medical & wellness devices, wearables, sensing, instrumentation and energy management.