All OMA members operate under the same IPR policy.
- In the course of specifications work, the Open Mobile Alliance receives contributions in various forms. To best facilitate the dissemination of these contributions, it is necessary to understand any intellectual property rights (‘IPR’) relating to the contributions.
- Each Open Mobile Alliance member has agreed to use reasonable endeavors to inform the Open Mobile Alliance in a timely manner of Essential IPR as it becomes aware that the Essential IPR is related to the prepared or published specification. However, the members do not have an obligation to conduct IPR searches. The information received by the members is publicly available to members and non-members of the Open Mobile Alliance and may be found on the IPR Declarations lists on these pages.
- Essential IPR is defined and is available for license as set forth in the schedule to the Open Mobile Alliance Application Form.
- Your acceptance of this Agreement does not allow you to provide any contribution of information, whether such contains or does not contain IPR, to the Documents unless you are a member of the Open Mobile Alliance. All contributions must be made pursuant to the membership policies of the Open Mobile Alliance, including but not limited to its IPR policies.
- In the event that You do provide any content in connection with this Web site, it shall be deemed to be provided on a non-confidential basis. The Open Mobile Alliance shall be free to use or disseminate such content and any underlying rights related to such content on an unrestricted basis for any purpose, and You grant the Open Mobile Alliance, its members and all other users of the Web site an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, adapt, resell and publish such content and any underlying rights related to such content (including in digital form). You represent and warrant that you have proper authorization for the worldwide transfer and processing among the Open Mobile Alliance, its members, and third-party providers of any information that You may provide on the Web site. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate the Open Mobile Alliance or its members to use or disseminate Your content or any underlying rights related to such content.
- You acknowledge and agree that (i) the Open Mobile Alliance has not conducted an independent IPR review of the Documents and the information contained therein, and makes no representations or warranties regarding third party IPR, including without limitation patents, copyrights or trade secret rights; and (ii) the Documents may contain inventions for which You must obtain licenses from third parties before making, using or selling the inventions.
Full details of OMA’s IPR policy may be found in:
- The Open Mobile Alliance Application Form
- The OMA IPR guidelines
OMA maintains the following lists of IPR declarations:
For questions regarding the OMA IPR Policy please contact the OMA Membership Manager of the OMA Staff.