Below please find white papers and other materials developed by IPSO Alliance committees, member companies or interested third parties that offer valuable information in support of our mission.
Have something to add?
Contact us and we will evaluate your request.
IPSO Alliance White Papers
- New! Credential Management for Internet of Things Devices; IPSO Security, Privacy & Identity White paper | Hannes Tschofenig, ARM Limited; Ned Smith, Intel; Mark Baugher, Consultant; Per Ståhl, Ericsson; Alan Grau, Icon Labs; and Jerker Delsing, Lulea University of Technology [Dec 2017]
- 6LoWPAN: Incorporating IEEE 802.15.4 into the IP architecture; IPSO Alliance White paper # 3 | Jonathan Hui, PhD, Arch Rock Corporation David Culler, PhD, University of California, Berkeley Samita Chakrabarti, IP Infusion
- RPL: The IP routing protocol designed for low power and lossy networks; IPSO Alliance White Paper | JP Vasseur, Cisco Fellow, Cisco Systems Navneet Agarwal, Technical Leader, Cisco Systems Jonathan Hui, Software Engineer, Cisco Systems, Zach Shelby, Chief Nerd, Sensinode Paul Bertrand, Founder, VP, Watteco SAS Cedric Chauvenet, Watteco SAS
- The IPSO Application Framework; IPSO Alliance Interop Committee | Zach Shelby, Sensinode and Cedric Chauvenet, Watteco SAS
OMA LWM2M Editor
The OMA has created a LwM2M Editor tool that allows developers to create new Objects/Resources, including to create and register IPSO Smart Objects, using OMA’s registration system called OMNA. Links follow to the tool and related guidelines.
- Tool: http://devtoolkit.openmobilealliance.org/OEditor/Legal?back=default.aspx
- Guidelines: https://wiki.openmobilealliance.org/display/TOOL/Introduction+to+LightweightM2M
- Registry: http://www.openmobilealliance.org/wp/OMNA/LwM2M/LwM2MRegistry.html
- Feedback: https://github.com/OpenMobileAlliance/OMA_LWM2M_Editor/issues
LightWeight MQTT Machine Network
BIPSO Library for using IPSO Smart Objects on BLE devices. BIPSO defines a set of BLE characteristics that follows the IPSO Smart Object Guideline for developers to build their applications with a unified data model.
Industry Standard Bodies and Initiatives
View the IPSO presentation on Industry Standard Bodies and Initiatives